Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tape Art


I think all kids love tape; I know I did when I was a child. A is no exception. She has a special art drawer with supplies she can use herself anytime, her favorite item being several rolls of colored electrical tape. The other day during nap time / quiet time while daddy dozed and G slept A make the tape art picture above on some scrap cardboard. I love that she came up with this project completely independently. She used her wavy scissors to cut the tape giving the edges a neat texture and tried to combine layers of tape to create green grass.

When I got home from work and saw her latest creation I did a little searching on the Internet and found some other fun tape art.


How do your kids like to create with tape?




4 comments:

  1. Neat idea! Does she cut the tape herself or do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cuts the tape herself - she is pretty good with a pair of scissors. She used her crinkle edge scissors when she made the picture above.

      Delete
  2. VERY clever idea! I shared it with my Facebook readers here:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Life-Intentionally/261252997248957 Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT weekend,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete