Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Resolutions

It's that time of again - New Years. A time for resolutions. I know a lot of people hate making resolutions, but I like them. For me a resolution is just a way to reflect on my live and make a plan for how I would like to grow over the next year. It gives me somehting to strive for and even if I don't always accomplish the resolution just the act of striving and trying can spawn growth. It's time to face the new year and move boldly forward.


Inspired by the five resolutions for a creative new year from Tinkerlab here are my resolutions
1- Start a Blog.

I've been toying with the idea after being so inspired by some of the great blogs I've been reading (they are listed under my bloglove tab) and have wondered if I could do the same. I wouldn't have said writing was my strongest skill, but things of beatuy and inspiration need not be perfect. Sometimes passion and effort are what matter. Hopefully I can be an example for my girls to venture from what feels safe and easy.
     (Woo hoo I've already accomplished one of my resolutions)

2- Draw in our sketch books twice a week.

"A" and I have already started this and she is currently drawing as I type - fish powered machines that have wheels and move when the fish swim she tells me.

3- Organize my art supplies.

When I told my husband this one he laughed at me. Currently my art supplies live in every unoccupied nook and cranny in our house and I can think of at least 7 places I have stashes of supplies.  So this year I resolve to consoidate, organize, and actually throw a few things away.




Here's to hoping we all have a year filled with growth and change!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karenda! Congratulations on not only committing to New Year's Resolutions, but actually making them happen...already! When I started my blog I wasn't sure where I was headed with it, but I knew it was something that I wanted to do. It's been such a fun, rewarding journey so far, and I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it. The photo and description of your art supplies made me laugh. I, too, have art supplies in, let me see FIVE places in my house (including the kitchen pantry and linen cabinet), and I'm working on consolidating as well. Just today I cleared out three shelves and actually threw a big bag of stuff away. It felt so good! Here's to making our resolutions work for us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for coming and taking a look at my blog. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but it's fun so far.

      So many art supplies - so little time. I haven't actually started the organizing yet, before I can reach the supplies in my bedroom I have to dig through and find a way to store all the art projects sitting on top of the supplies. It's kind of like digging through layers of geological strata - all the different stages and styles of artwork my kids have done in the last 2 years.

      Delete